The Peccioli RIF provides robotic equipment and real/realistic infrastructures.
Imagine your company would like to invest in new robotic equipment but you would like to test it before purchasing: welcome to the Peccioli RIF! Come to us to see the most advanced technologies. Once you have developed a new robotic solution, you need to validate it in a real environment to assess the applicability and have a direct link with potential customers and users. Come to the Peccioli RIF, we will find the perfect real environment to test and validate your solution and have the feedback from customers and users!
The Peccioli RIF indeed consists of outdoor and indoor settings, where different scenarios could be developed, tested and evaluated, such as:
- The Domotic House
- The Belvedere Landfill
- Peccioli town itself
- The museum of Russian icons
- Gruppo Pretto S.r.l.
- Laboratory of Rehabilitation Bioengineering
CONSULTANCY & OTHER ACTIVITIES
In parallel the Peccioli RIF provide access to consults in the fields of:
- Legal Aspects
- Economic Aspects
- Insurance Aspects
- Ethical Aspects
Other activities that can be held at the Peccioli RIF are:
- Host/Management of dissemination events
- Host/Management of workshops
- Host of demos events
- Host competitions (see the video of RoCKIn Camp 2015 and the next event, ERL Service Robots – Local Tournament, Jan 2017)
- Support in providing partners for EU/national project
The Peccioli RIF provides access to the competences of the best researchers of the BioRobotics Institute in the different areas of excellence we study:
- Artificial hands
- Creative engineering design
- Neuro Robotics
- Robot companions for citizens
- Sensor signals and information processing
- Soft Robotics
- Surgical Robotics and allied technologies
- Translational neural engineering
In addition to the Research Areas and to the Laboratories, the Institute is involved in Joint Research Labs with other clinical institutions located in Tuscany. These Joint Labs are devoted to translational research activities such like: rehabilitation bioengineering, movement assistance, translational neurorehabilitation, analysis and treatment of neuromotor disorders, neurodevelopmental bioengineering, upper limb prosthetics. These are:
- BioRobotics for Parkinson disease Laboratory
- Industrial Biorobotics Laboratory
- Laboratory for Analysis and Treatment of Neuromotor Disorders (ATND)
- Movement Assistance and Rehabilitation Laboratory (Mare Lab)
- Research Centre on Sea Technologies and Marine Robotics
- Robotic and BioMechatronic Technologies Laboratory in Neurorehabilitation
- Service Robotics and Ambient Assisted Living Laboratory
- Translational Neurorehabilitation Laboratory
- Rehabilitation Engineering and Prosthetics Applied Innovation & Research (Repair Lab)
Since the late ’80s the Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna has promoted the creation of spin-off companies. From 1991 until now, 41 of these companies have successfully commercialized their research in the fields of ICT, robotics, micro-engineering, biomedicine, environmental sciences, financial and technological consulting, electronics and photonics and 36 of them are still active, see them at http://www.jointto.it/it/spin-off.
Various surveys have shown that these companies have significantly contributed to both local and national economic development, enabling new entrepreneurs to commercialize the results of their research and transfer their knowledge and expertise to the market. Most of these companies are still actively contributing to the Scuola’s knowledge transfer activities.
Since 2005, the “Club of Spin-off Companies” has been bringing these companies together in order to strengthen ties with the local area and with ongoing research at the Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna.